Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is there a way to catch mice in my avairy that wont harm my birds?

what you need is a live mouse trap (explained in first link)


I enclosed serveral other links for live traps (additional links)


I think these will work well for you.Is there a way to catch mice in my avairy that wont harm my birds?
Contact your local spca and ask them for Have-A-Heart Traps. It will contain the mice until you dispose of them. Should a bird fly into a trap, the bird will not be killed or hurt by the trap and you can then release the bird.Is there a way to catch mice in my avairy that wont harm my birds?
I agree with the live trap, but want to add that you can help keep them away by cleaning up spilled bird food as much as possible. I know that's quite a task, I'm lucky if I can keep my caged bird areas clean! Also, once you have the mice in a live trap, you will need to take the mouse really far away (at least a block away) to keep them from coming right back. Sealing up cracks to keep mice out will help, if possible, and keeping food in sealed containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment